Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Training Day!

Ok, I'm kidding that is too intense for this post, but I'm sticking with it.  Today I woke up at 6 am and said "can I do this?"  I would like to clarify that what I will refer to as running is really best described as "not walking, but definitely not running either!"  Saturday I decided it was time to start running again, for like the 10th time since Andrew and I got married 1 1/2 years ago.  This is not to say marriage is the problem; I've said before I'm an inconsistent person, and this is just the proof.  Since it's crazy hot here in the Midlands of SC, I've decided if I want a shot in sticking with this I need to get up before work and run.  So yesterday and today I've managed to roll out of bed and hit the trail across from our house.  It's been good, but I'm definitely exhausted. I don't know how I will manage to battle the humidity in August if it's alread this bad(scary).  So the goal is to be able to keep up with Papa Clark in his next 5k.  Papa Clark has recently ran a 5k and placed 2nd in his age group!  Big shoes to fill, or keep up with in this case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment