Monday, October 4, 2010

New daydreams!

So I've found a new product, for my home, to obsess about....Cork flooring....ok so I've found this product in a magazine that is sent to our home and here are my findings.

Cork naturally repels insects, has anti mildew, mold, and bacterial components. It's warm, or at least not cold to the touch. It insulates, is a sound dampener, and has more give than wood floors.  I think I want to put this in our bedrooms.  My only negative thing about it is you can't wet mop...you can damp mop, but that's it.  I prefer, with my obsessive cleaning gene, to be able to scrub and soak a floor!

I forgot to tell you one of the best parts, as if the germs part isn't good enough, you don't have to cut down the tree. Cork comes from the bark of the tree and you can safely harvest it every 10-15 years! Phenominal really!


I'm contemplating it for the kitchen too....to be decided. Being a home owner is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment