Friday, June 10, 2011

Dogs hold the meaning of Life...jk

So I am once again trying to run in the mornings. Gage is my usually wonderful running partner, and this morning she did something to surprise me.  Usually I leash her while crossing the road to go to the woods and then tell her to stay until I cross the road and then invite her to come. She usually does this very well and I always have the leash in case I need it.  Well this am, we are waiting for a biker to pass, then another car, and then I see a car coming from the other direction and she takes off toward the house. I scream a piercing yelp and she darts back towards me. Honestly she would have made it without getting hit, but it terrified me.  It dawned on me that their is an analogy of this and us with God.  He knows what's coming and we just dart out without consulting him. I know there are differences because God would know how we would respond, but it must be sad that his kids aren't asking him for direction. Does this make any sense? I guess I was just really scared and then really frustrated with Gage. Then it hit me that I do this with God all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment