Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Great Husband

Andrew and I are not a perfect couple, but we have our moments. Allow me to share with you a great moment in my life. Last night I was discussing with Andrew the book I'm reading about managing money. It's been very enlightening and encouraging, and we have set forth to make a better budget. I was showing him what I had worked on and the small amount of money allocated each month for us to do with what we want. The way I had written it was that Andrew has so much money and Elizabeth has so much money. He said, "it will be true sacrifice when one of us wants something that is more than what is allotted and the other gives up theirs for the other." I really believe that he would, so I have a great husband. Also, I strongly recommend reading The Complete Financial Guide for Young Couples by Larry Burkett. I never thought I would enjoy reading a financial book, but I've actually laughed and learned a lot. Not only does he stress the Proverbs and being wise, but also encourages differences in a marriage. As my mother says, "where two people are exactly alike, one is not necessary."

No comments:

Post a Comment