Monday, May 24, 2010

You Oughta Know

I will go on and tell you that I am a pretty inconsistent person; so this may be the first and last post. I hope to write about things that interest you, but I may not. I will mostly write about what I think I know. That may include my favorite people, books, music, or my current thoughts and activities. I will say that I feel quite vain starting this blog, because I don't think my life is that noteworthy. That being said, I have a couple friends who have convinced me this is fun.

Some people say I'm a deep person; I don't know if that is true or not, but I think about things. I will post things here that are serious and religious. I hope not to offend anyone, but we all have different opinions and that may not be possible.

Thoughts to ponder from the Coyle-Covington-Clark family Table:

Yesterday at my family lunch with my Mom we were having a typical family discussion about who we are as people and more specifically our theology. My mom made an interesting comment, "I'm not perfect, and the scary part is I don't even know where I'm wrong" she said. I thought this was fascinating for two reasons. Number one, I had just had the exact thought not 24 hours previous. Number two, it's terrifying to know that you pray and struggle to know God and he blesses us with getting a lot right (hopefully) but we are sinful and still get a lot wrong.

Just a funny side note, my sister Hannah said, "I don't know Mama you might be; I mean look at us" My family is awesome. All of them even the ones not in this anecdote. So my prayer after this lunch was God please continuously correct the things that I think about You that are wrong and remind me of Your truths. Thank You for Your promise to finish the work that you began in me. (Phil 1:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment