Saturday, April 2, 2011

I thought I didn't like Key Lime Pie

My Sister's favorite dessert is Lemon Meringue Pie, and I never loved the meringue part. I ate it, because I always had this homemade and well my mom makes almost everything well.  She did burn spaghetti once, remember Vanessa and Tyler? Anyway, I digress....I saw that Pioneer Woman had made one for Pi Day (3/14) and her description made me realize I should give it another chance. So I made this Key Lime Pie, but I used Persian limes instead. I also didn't make whipping cream b/c I love tart things and don't like them balanced out...haha I'm strange.The only thing I changed was using way less sugar in the graham cracker crust. My mom never used any so I went somewhere in the middle and that was good. I did have a hard time getting it out though. By the way...I do like Key Lime Pie, just it has to be homemade, but I'm that way about a lot of things. Not really a surprise.
I did by this zester...it was easy to use! (Publix)
Oops, I ate a piece before I remembered the picture! Scrumptious!

No comments:

Post a Comment