Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A New Casserole

Monday night I decided to make this casserole from The Pioneer Woman. I really enjoyed it. My only deviation from this was using plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream. I did this not to be healthy but simply b/c I knew I had it on hand. I find plain greek yogurt to be an excellent substitute for mayonaise (plain yogurt works too) and sour cream.  You can use fat free greek yogurt and keep the creaminess and lose the fat. However, when using fat free sour cream I find it not as creamy. Andrew and I hate mayonaise, just plain don't like the taste so we use a lot of yogurt substitues. Ok, I really liked this casserole and thought that I wouldn't. I don't know why, but I usually think I don't like hamburger meat. Surprise, I do! I do think this casserole would be good with shredded chicken too! Here's a pic of monday's dinner:

No comments:

Post a Comment