Friday, September 2, 2011

Three Cups of Tea

I have had Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin for about 8 months. I have been interested in the story but had trouble discipling myself to get into it. Do you have that problem after reading several easy fiction stories? Even if it's good, it's just tough to read something more intelligible. No? Maybe that's only me. Well, I finally got past the fact that I don't know where the places are or what the terrain looks like. It makes it difficult to place yourself in the story an really take it in. Again maybe you don't read in this manner. Greg Mortenson's life is fascinating; he grew up the child of Lutheran missionaries in Tanzania. He loved mountaineering and just sounds like an earthy guy which usually interests me. His life is an adventure. I haven't quote made it to the more political part of the book, but so far I'm thoroughly enjoying his story. his passionate life convicts you of your Americanism which typically forgets the life of service we are called to. I say this as I sit in an airport waiting for my next flight while on vacation. It has been really moving and makes me aware I have one life... It should count for something. I hope my life will count for more than humanitarian efforts. I hope it counts for the Kingdom of God and man. I recommend this book, so far at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment