Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls

On Christmas Adam (Eve Eve, 23rd), my mom and I had our first real day of baking. We had a great time, we would cook/bake a little and take a break, repeat. The weather was so nice, we would sit on the deck and just relax in the mild air. We made broccoli salad, Italian Cream Cake (Grandma Millye's favorite), these cinnamon rolls by the Pioneer Woman (everyone loved them said they were perfect, just saying you should try them). I'm thinking we made some other stuff too, but I just can't remember right now. We had tasted so much that day that we weren't really hungry for dinner. We ate a cinnamon roll and a glass of milk and watched Night at the Museum, the Smithsonian. They were light and moist and not too sweet. Note we did not measure out sugar; we just sprinkled, ours were not super sweet (AT ALL). Instead of using her traditional Maple Frosting in her recipe we used the "glaze" from this twist on her rolls. I had too much of it so I spooned it into the bottom of the pans and on the top about 5 minutes before they were done. She uses this recipe for the topping: 1 stick butter, 1/2 cup corn syrup, 1 cup Finley Chopped Pecans, 2 tsp vanilla extract. I didn't have corn syrup so I used 1/2 c maple syrup....everyone loved it. I loved it. The mapley buttery flavor was soooooooooo sooooooooo goooooooood! My mouth is salivating...I want them now!


Sorry if you're a non-nut eater!

No comments:

Post a Comment