Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Hunger Games

I devoured this book. It felt so good to get into a story and it be effortless to breeze through it. I always have this panicky feeling when I finish a book of a series. I want the next one immediately! I had that for about 14 minutes, yes exactly fourteen minutes. Now I'm just enjoying the fact that I really enjoyed a book! Also, as an update, I'm staying on track with A Praying Life. I've really enjoyed the content.

The Hunger Games definitely brings up some issues about humanity. I think the same things that "Batman the Dark Knight" brings up when the Joker has the two ferries deciding who to blow up the other boat first. At first, it was all I could focus on, and then at some point you slip into the "this is fiction" mindset. This is really hard for me to do. For example, this weekend we watched "The Adjustment Bureau" and the entire time my mind was analyzing the story. I really think I need to watch it again to enjoy it. If there is a moral issue in a story I usually can't stop analyzing it to enjoy the story. Am I the only one like this?

Anyway, I'm super excited about reading Catching Fire, the second book, but it may be a few days still.

3 comments:

  1. Oh those books are SO good! Even Graem read them and loved them! I heard they are filming the movies in Asheville but I'm not sure when the first one is scheduled to be released.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin and I analyzed the Adjustment Bureau for quite sometime too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Brantley- yes and it's your suggestion tht convinced me to read them. The movie comes out late March!
    To Ralucca- I am still thinking about it and the way they portrayed the "Chairman" godlike figure. It's fascinating really, but very hopeless!

    ReplyDelete