Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Heirlooms

The nice thing about not having many family heirlooms is that it means you haven't lost that many people that mean a lot to you. My maternal grandad got to know me for 6 months before he passed. My Mom says he loved me and thought I was fun to laugh at. This table was built by my Mom's Dad at least 40 years ago from either a hickory or walnut tree in the yard. The stories have been conflicting on which type of tree. We started refinishing our table back in January. Well we've been busy with being out of town and family projects (like building a barn because my 8 year old niece bought a horse) and haven't had a chance to refinish it yet. It has been in our garage waiting for a finishing sanding and repolying. Here it is halfway through the first coat of poly last night. Hopefully we will have time to sand and apply the 2nd coat of poly before my Mom's bday this Sunday! It would be nice to have a table to sit at :) Isn't the wood grain gorgeous!!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, that is beautiful. Wish we had some kind of family heirlooms:)

    ReplyDelete