Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Garden

Ok so we planted our garden March 31 this year, and I have been a terrible blogger. I wanted to write a post so I could remind myself when things start to pop out of the ground. I wrote a post last year called inklings that showed the plants right after they burst into the world for sunlight...(so dramatic) I love gardening; it is genuinely a joy to walk out to the garden after work and see the growth from the day before or even that morning. You get excited like, I did that!!! Then you realize actually God did that!!! It's just nice to be a part of fruitful labor. So I took pictures I think around day 7 after planting and here are the babies...

Green Beans

We have six of these squash and zucchini mounds.

Cucumbers

Tomatoes

I then took pictures at about two weeks old. These would be so much
cooler if I had time for side by side editing.

Green Beans Week 2

Squash Week 2

Zucchini Week 2


Cucumbers Week 2

Roma Tomato Week 2


Bell Peppers, Banana Peppers, and Jalapeno Peppers
Week 2
So there is this years garden...we now have a few blossoms on the tomato plants...yay!

4 comments:

  1. Feel FREE to share with us "NON-GREEN THUMB" people:) It looks awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these look so good! It is so much fun to garden! I think I transferred my tomatoes and peppers too soon, cause I can't find them any more. Oh well, I'll go by some plants instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pauline, Andrew and I don't have great luck with the the peppers. My mom is the one with the green thumb. It really is surprisingly easy as long as you remember to water!

    Thank Raluca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great you guys! Do you ever have any problems with pesky animals, specifically rabbit??

    ReplyDelete