Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Camping

Jim Gaffigan, a loved comedian in the Clark home, has a sketch on camping. He says things like "my parents didn't take me camping because they loved me" and "happy camper, a happy camper is the camper leaving the campground" and "hey in my family camping is a tradition; hey camping was a tradition in everyone's family before we invented the house" "I'm what you would call indoorsy" "if it's so great outside why are all the bugs trying to get in my house". So you get the picture? He's hilarious, but we love camping anyway. I love it in the fall and spring no thank you winter or summer.

This past weekend we went to the Brevard area in NC and camped at Cascade Lake recreation. It was beautiful scenery and weather. We did a little hiking on Saturday an saw some beautiful waterfalls. I love cooking outside on the Coleman stove. Genuinely I had a blast. We have kind of started a biannual tradition with some friends from college. I hope it continues.

Here are some waterfall shots. This is High Falls, Triple Falls, and Connestee Falls.

2 comments:

  1. Did you guys hike to the bottom of Triple Falls? I love this area of NC! Parts of Pisgah Natl Forest are more beautiful/lush than Great Smokey Mtns, in my opinion! Looks like you guys had fun. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we've hiked to the bottom before but not this time since my friend is pregnant. Can't wait til they fully develop Gorges State Park I think it's going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete