Thursday, December 2, 2010

Preparation...

My birthday is coming up, and because I am me I wanted new kitchen floors. My husband loves me (and peace, just kidding) so he has granted my wish! Haha now Andrew's a genie...I digress...we started moving the funiture out of the kitchen and pulling up the shoemolding so that we can actually put down the floors. Andrew pulled up shoemolding and I went behind him and scrubbed the dirty dirt line it left behind...yuck! So these pictures are so you can see our ugly WHITE floor that never looks clean one last time...good bye WHITE floor you will not be missed! I'm never dramatic, am I?
This one is a little messy, but that's life...messy!

My cleaning supplies! Man I'm weird.
 Ok, these next pics are the end of a journey.  A journey through what color hardware goes with golden oak cabinets.  The answer: none really, but this is the best option.  Our hardware was gold/brass when we moved in...I immediately spray painted all of it "brushed nickel" and the hinges too. I decided this was not the best color scheme. Then I found "oiled bronze" and that seemed to be a much better match. However, when Andrew took the hinges off for the first paint job, he told me they wouldn't make it through coming off and on again...so about 6-8 months after painting the hardware we finally broke down and bought matching hinges.
See they don't match!

Yay! They match!

No comments:

Post a Comment