Friday, February 18, 2011

Things I've picked up from Mommy-Da

If you've ever been to my Mom's house at any point ever you would have noticed she keeps a really clean house. It doesn't matter if the world is falling down the house looks great.  I will say she has a few advantages: 1) She only had girls living in the house (girls are just cleaner than boys...I don't know why it's just our shoes don't track in as much).  2) She had a really clean freak daughter (me). So when we were growing up we always cleaned the house : vacuum, dust, sweep, mop, clean bathrooms....every week.  I like to do this at my house too, but honestly sometimes I don't.  Also, we always cleaned house before leaving on a trip. My mom didn't like to come home to chores...Amen! I hate coming home to chores. So last night I enlisted the help of my wonderful husband. We managed to get everything in order for leaving today for the Youth Winter Retreat. I have to say it's honestly amazing how a clean house makes me feel refreshed. Bizarre how it affects my mood.  I am so stoked about leaving now because I know when I get home all I have to worry about is a few loads of laundry! Thanks Babe, we make a great team!
This picture felt appropriate!

No comments:

Post a Comment