Monday, May 30, 2011

Back in the Saddle, again

I have not been reading much in the past 6 months, but recently I've read three books. I read a short series consisting of Something Borrowed and Something Blue by Emily Giffin. Then my friend Susan and I went to see the movie. We had a great time reading the books and seeing the movie.  I will say the book definitely has some morality issues, but if you stick with it through the second book there is some resolution.  Also, I like that the first book discusses some of the problems with female friendships. Honestly, I can't say that I've ever had those specific issues. Then I read Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I loved this book. I read the interview with the author and she did so much research into the circus during the Great Depression Era. It was super interesting, and also just a really enjoyable story. It feels good to be reading again.

No comments:

Post a Comment