Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sentimental

I'm a pretty sentimental person. I don't necessarily hold on to everything, because I don't like clutter. However, some things are special to me. I had both of my Grandmother's wedding bands made into one ring. The jeweler told me it was too much gold for one ring and that I would have some left over. I had him make two rings instead, one for me and one for my sister. The rings were fashioned to look like ropes...because I am a product of people and families weaving together. Well we all are, but this was my thought.  My Grandma Millye's favorite hymn was Amazing Grace, and we sang it at her funeral. Now, everytime I sing the song, I get choked up on the last verse "When we've been there ten thousand years bright shining as the sun. We've no less days to sing God's praise than when we first begun" Amen. Both of my Grandmothers were godly women who walked humbly with the Lord, their God. I had both of the rings engraved to say "bright shining as the sun", because those are the words that make my eyes swell knowing they are both in glory in heaven praising the Creator and Savior of the World.
 The two rings before.
The ring now.

No comments:

Post a Comment