Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Latest Art Project

I saw this on pinterest and just L-O-V-E-d it!
http://pinterest.com/pin/552253973025791207/

My problem was that it was on barn wood and I already have several art pieces I want to do with barn wood and didn't want to overwhelm my house. I thought of possible using and old canvas, but couldn't find any cheap ones at thrift stores or antique stores that I liked. After my friend, Miriam's wise counsel :) we decided an old window would also serve as a nice palate. 

So this is mine...
I really liked the simplicity of just the white and clear. Miriam had suggested a fabric as a background. I think this would have looked great too! I roughed up the frame a little, for a bit of a rustic look. 

Here it is with our other photos. It kind of makes me sound like I'm having a hard time staying faithful to Andrew. Haha...bind my wandering heart to God...just in case anyone was worried about our relationship.

And then last week I destroyed my wedding bouquet and this is the result. 
This is actually our card stock that we printed our wedding bulletins on, and of course our wedding date.
I like how I turned out. I borrowed this idea from Vanessa after her's actually was destroyed accidentally. Mine was on purpose.

2 comments:

  1. Love the bouquet idea, makes so much more sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The date on top is a GREAT idea! I might add that! :)

    ReplyDelete