Monday, March 12, 2012

Lime filled pastry with Fruit

I was looking for my "family" chocolate cheesecake recipe on Eagle brand's website for a coworker. I found out that I can no longer find that choc cheesecake recipe, but found this recipe and had to make it. I love refrigerator pies!!! I love lime!!! I've always wanted to make a real tart!!! I might have the confidence to give that a try now. I used this recipe, but as I tasted it wanted it a bit more tart! I added approx 3/4c lowfat sour cream instead of the 1/3 c. It did not mess up the fillings ability to "set". I also used about 3/4 can of sweetened condensed milk, because I had a can in the fridge and that's how much was in it! (I'm such a complex individual)
My photo's aren't the best, but this was light and creamy and limey, limey, limey....yummy!

Ingredients

1 sheet frozen puff pastry (one-half 17 1/4 oz. pkg.)
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/3 cup lime juice
1/3 cup sour cream
Strawberries and blueberries, enough to cover the top
Instructions

LET folded pastry thaw at room temperature 20 minutes.
HEAT oven to 375°F. Unfold pastry onto lightly floured surface; roll out into 15 x 10-inch rectangle. Cut a 3/4-inch wide strip from each long side of rectangle; cut a 3/4-inch wide strip from each short end of rectangle. Set aside the 4 strips.
PLACE pastry rectangle on ungreased baking sheet. Brush with egg white. Lay pastry strips on top of pastry rectangle, aligning outer edges of strips to fit. Brush strips with egg white and sprinkle with sugar. Prick bottom of rectangle several times with fork.
BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown. Cool.
COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and sour cream in medium bowl. Spoon into cooled pastry rectangle. Cover and chill up to 4 hours. Top with berries before serving.

P.S. My "family" cheesecake recipe is from Eagle brand and is delicious. I have it at the house if you need a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment