Friday, March 4, 2011

Reasons I love my Mama!

#1) Because she first loved me (this is true for my relationship with God, since he's a Father I figured it works for mothers too)

#2) Because she has a generous spirit that is worked out daily in her actions - just one example her meeting her 25 y/o daughter (me) at CVS and then going home with her to make her soup and rubbing her back and making sure she felt better - you are never to old for these expressions of love. I'm not a child, but I am her child.

#3) Because she works tirelessly for those she loves. This woman has work ethic. I read Proverbs 31 and think pretty much they could have just said Donna, Mama, or Mommy Da depending on your relationship with her.

#4) She doesn't judge...I've messed up many times and honestly when I told her, rare was judgement her expression. She usually was hurt with me that I had messed up, like she felt the pain in my sin.

#5) She TRUSTS God...she's had some situations that have tried her faith and she's a Job! (like in the Bible, not another word for vocation) When I think of my favorite passages I think they mean more because I've honestly had them demonstrated in her life before me.

#6) She's fascinating.  I think it's normal to grow up and realize your parents aren't boring...partially because your interests change and partially because your view broadens and you realize you didn't know everything. I never thought this, but many do. I think it's more than that though, honestly my Mom is just so interesting. She has a unique perspective on the world and knows about so many things and keeps seeking more. She keeps my mind young and active... how's that for role reversal?

#7) She's wise...she thinks before she acts and speaks. She gives good counsel.

#8) She's a patient teacher in school lessons and in life lessons. She won't give up on you.

#9) She is human and aware that she's not perfect. She's aware that her kids aren't perfect and we are all in need of correction and grace sometimes. She knows how to ask for forgiveness and how to forgive. 

#10) She's humble...she'll be embarrassed by this list; She recognizes her strength is not from her. She's dependent on God, which is why the rest of the list is here.

All of this said, I, her friends, and family love her because of all things she does but mostly because of who she is.  Happy Birthday! I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, she IS an amazing GODLY woman! For #3...Mom2 for me! I'm so grateful to have known her...in fact... I think I will got send her a birthday card because I know she won't mind it arriving a little late! I agree with this list wholeheartedly and am so grateful that I got to be her daughter in many ways, too. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I know that would mean a lot.

    ReplyDelete