Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patty's day cupcakes

First let me say sorry I haven't been blogging, but life has been pretty crazy. We have had commitments during the week and weekends and I just haven't been able.  As you could imagine in all this business the people I care about have been neglected. I am working on trying to schedule less. I'm learning I can't be everywhere so that I actually make it to the things I plan. I have some sweet friends that we've been trying to arrange a hang out time and our schedules haven't been matching up so I decided to make cupcakes for them and my sis and her kiddos (Andy devoured the cupcake). I basically used this Vanilla Cupcake recipe. However, I didn't have vanilla beans nor do I know where to buy them so I just doubled the vanilla. Also they weren't quite as fluffy as she described them so I'm thinking they didn't rise completely.  I swirled in some green food coloring and made traditional cream cheese icing with green food coloring of course.

 I folded in the green food coloring instead or mixing completely for the marble effect.
 Icing tasted great looked ok?
 Sweet baby Andy...tee total BOY and we love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment