Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Donna says...

My mom's name is Donna. If you spend any time with me you will probably hear me brag about her. I recently have posted a couple things on money/finances/budgeting. So here's a post to keep me balanced. A while back after I read The Complete Financial Guide for Young Couples, I was telling my mom about it and what I learned. She said," Remember, money is just a tool." I think this is profound. Money is here so that we can buy food, clothing, shelter, but it's easy to become obsessed.

I try to keep track of our spending throughout the month, but when I'm not keeping track I put it out of my mind. There are plenty of wonderful things to dwell on. Money is NOT one of them. Last night Andrew and I were preparing for Bible study tonight and we read the creation story. This morning I sat at the breakfast table and thought with wonder...wow God really made that tree...that grass...the materials to build this house. Mostly I forget these things. I'd like to spend more time in wonder of all that God has made and done.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet note about Roper. :) I have enjoyed getting to know Donna in the nursery. I have noticed that she has a way of saying things simply and meaningfully. I can totally hear her making the comment about money -- and she is SO right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She said the same thing to me the other day. She's really enjoyed getting to know you too!

    ReplyDelete