Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Without further adieu

Pioneer Woman's Pantry Pasta

I told you it was coming. Our family has been fighting a "stomach bug", so I waited until Andrew felt like eating again. So I loved this dish...I'm in love with olives that probably helps. I think I followed this recipe as exact as I do most recipes. I subbed red onions for sweet onions, because that's what I usually keep on hand.  Also, not a huge fan of linguini (it's just too thick for me), so I used spaghetti.



When making my brussel sprouts, I was inspired by a recipe I found on How Sweet It Is. She hates vegetables and loves bacon (who doesn't?) and made her brussell sprouts in bacon grease. I finished cooking the chicken and threw the veggies in their to cook. Then added some fresh garlic, couple dashes of soy sauce, and a few tablespoons of water. Then you simply treat it like a stir fry. Best brussell sprouts!

P.S. Do you see, that's five pieces of chicken in the pan. That's a lot of food for 2 people. Andrew eats a lot, but also it's left overs. Also, I had to look up how to spell adieu. Did you know how to spell it?

No comments:

Post a Comment