Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It's kinda a funny/creepy story

I know I'm not ancient looking and love Twilight and Taylor Swift and hanging out with teenagers, but that doesn't mean I'm a teenager. It just means that there's still a teenager inside of me. Anyway, Andrew, my mom, and I attended the Carolina Christmas Classic or whatever you call it, at the State Fair Grounds. We had seen lots of stuff that reminded us of our nephews, but not much for our niece. She loves horses...like really loves them. We saw these blankets and one of them had a bunch (like maybe 12-16) of horses' silhouettes on it.  I thought it would be really cute, but wasn't sure how much it would cost.  I asked the lady and she said that was a demo blanket of all the horses she could do, and you pick one to accent. I said well I like them all together. She said, "they are 80 dollars a horse, but I would love to make you one. Just ask your Mommy and Daddy." Ummm....do what? Andrew and my Mom were standing a few feet away from me.  In what world could Andrew be my dad? So weird!

This weekend Andrew and I went on the Senior High Fall Retreat at Myrtle Beach.  I was with some kids on the beach hanging out playing music and it got too cold so we headed in.  They still wanted to play, so I went to ask a hotel worker if it was ok to use a common space, or was that not ok at all. He said, "not ok at all. Besides you are all supposed to be in your rooms at midnight." I guess he meant minors weren't allowed on the property at night alone??

In both situations I was too dumbfounded to say...hey I'm 25 years old.

2 comments: