Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sleeping At Last

I have been getting more interested in music (again) lately. I went to see Breaking Dawn and fell in love with a lot of the music. I was like that with the O.C. you peeps out there who knew me in high school will remember. I could hear a song and tell you what episode it was from. I know, sick. For someone who is rather untalented at making music, I sure do love it, intensely.  I "shazamed" one of the songs during the movie, to find out it was "Turning Page" by Sleeping at Last. I read the lyrics to that song, and it is a beautiful imagery of marriage. "...nothing prepared me for what the privilege of being yours would do" & "I surrender who I've been for who you are, for nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart". Each day I have a choice: to love my husband or myself more. If I deny my wants for his we both benefit. Have you ever been in an argument and not said something for the benefit of the other person...that's what I think about in that "fragile heart" line.

I know that you can tell the song was written for Twilight, which it was. But that is one thing I love about the imagery of Edwards sacrificial love for Bella. It's ridiculous, like Christ's love and sacrifice for us. Ridiculous that Jesus loved us that much. Nothing else will ever be that strong, but we love to watch movies, read books, and hear songs that allow us a glimpse at that. The world loves it, they just don't know why they do. Andrew asked me why I thought people loved Twilight...I think that's it...they want a love that's ridiculous and survives...well look no further Jesus did it. I have looked at a few other songs and they have some really neat lyrics..Night Must End. The lead singer/writer supports a foundation, "To Write Love on Her Arms" that helps fight depression. It seems that Night Must End is about that, but I have no proof. Disclaimer: I know nothing about that organization!



Pretty album artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment