Friday, November 18, 2011

It's Possible this might be the BEST WEEKEND EVER!

So...tonight Andrew and I are starting the evening with something yummy from downtown Columbia; we haven't picked the restuarant yet. Next we will be rocking, rolling, and just in general having a blast at the Taylor Swift Concert; Need to Breath will be there too, awesome!!! Tomorrow I'm going to see Breaking Dawn Part 1 with Miriam...yay!!! My excitement level is slightly dangerous right now.  Last night we went to Vista Lights and ate yummy food... and this morning I had "the stranger in the car ahead of me" buy my Starbucks.

Have you heard of that? WMHK 89.7, the Christian Radion station, must have this idea that they've put out. I'll attach the letter I think it explains it all.  Anyway, it was super amazing and made my day, which was hard considering it was already made. I was reminded that all we need to do is pay attention to others needs. It's not really that hard to serve God and our neighbors; we just need to wake up and look around.  Did you ever learn this prayer: Bless O Lord this food to our use, and us to thy service. Make us EVER MINDFUL of the NEEDS of OTHERS, in Jesus name, Amen. I have prayed that prayer who knows how many times in my life, but the older I get, the more I love that phrase...make us ever mindful...a constant awareness of others interests, cares, needs...pretty powerful for me. I feel that I'm ever mindful of my wants instead.  I loved this act of generosity; it made me greatful for a wonderful free cup of coffee, but more importantly it stirred me up. I need a lot more stirring. Have an amazing weekend...enjoy everything...especially this gorgeous crisp weather.


By the way...I did call in and report their generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment